As we move into the colder seasons we are spending more time indoors and with the family. More than ever, the kitchen becomes the hub of the home. Cooking a family dinner is a team effort with the kids becoming involved and entertaining indoors becomes our favourite way to spend time with friends.
IKEA wants to help Australians create their dream kitchen, one that works hard and makes their life at home easier. We do this by making our kitchens as affordable as we can so that more people will be able to afford them. We offer a number of well designed styles and solutions that are built to last.
What makes the IKEA offering unique is that along with appliances, lighting and bench tops, we also offer interior solutions for storage, sustainability, integrated lighting, as well as cooking and eating accessories at affordable prices. We also offer peace of mind with a guarantee of up to 25 years and interest free finance to approved customers.
Here are some of our favourite IKEA kitchens from the ABSTRAKT and FAKTUM range and some tips to help you create your very own dream kitchen.
- Kitchens are the hub of most homes where formal function meets informal living, thus bar seating with kitchen islands or returns are very practical. This versatile feature can be incorporated into contemporary or rustic styled kitchens.
- Soft-closing kitchen drawers are fast replacing traditional hinged doors and come in several highly practical widths and depths as well as heights, allowing very efficient organising. All you need to do is pull the drawer out and reach in!
- Make a bold statement with features such as a tiled splashback. This popular trend can be created by using tessellated tiles or ethnic geometric patterns which coordinate well with light or dark coloured kitchen cabinet finishes. This can be incorporated even just on the main section of the kitchen wall to still achieve a beautiful and functional result.
- Plan your kitchen to accommodate as much natural light and ventilation as possible. Supplement the natural light by using sustainable LED lighting for general and task lighting. IKEA carries a complete range of kitchen lighting and much more.
- Achieve the colour blocking effect through your accessories for example using a pendant lamp over the counter to contrast the colour scheme of the kitchen. This will add some wow factor to your space and is a cost effective way to update the look of the room.
- Make cleaning a kitchen quicker and easier by using ceramic or induction hotplates, the smooth surface makes wiping down the kitchen benchtop a breeze.
- Highly functional streamlined kitchens that are inviting and warm are becoming very popular. Most kitchen items should be stored away out of sight, try experimenting with door colours, mixing door finishes and choosing thinner bench tops to achieve that seamless look.
- The FAKTUM kitchen system allows you to choose your cabinets one by one so you can have exactly the size and look you want.
- Always try to use the “kitchen triangle” when planning the functional areas of your kitchen (Sink- Stove-Fridge) to achieve the best layout and flow according to your kitchen space.
Need a little more inspiration? No problem. Visit our IKEA kitchen showroom and be inspired by numerous styles and solutions we have on offer, or head to IKEA.com.au
Chat to the IKEA team on stand H16 during the Build & Renovating Expo from 4-6 July at the Melbourne Exhibition Centre.
For visitor and ticket information, visit buildexpo.com.au